Monaco, 17 January 2018 – It was at the headquarters of the Automobile Club de Monaco (ACM) where Patrice Ratti, Managing Director of Renault Sport Cars, gave Michel Boeri, President of the ACM, the keys to four new Mégane R.S. cars, which will be used at several sports events organised by the ACM in the Principality of Monaco.
Since Renault first became involved in the Monte Carlo Rally, the paths of Renault and the ACM have crossed time and again. For ten years, the ACM welcomed the Formula Renault 3.5 Series in advance of the F1 Grand Prix, as well as the Eurocup Formula Renault championship since 2016, where the young hopefuls earn their stripes with the aim of securing a spot at the highest level of motorsport.
Monaco has often been Renault Sport's location of choice for the grand reveal of new models, such as the Clio R.S. 16 concept car and the new Mégane R.S. in 2017. Many limited-series Renault Sport models have paid homage to Monaco's involvement in motorsport: the Monaco GP label is proudly displayed on the Laguna GT, Clio R.S. and Mégane R.S.
“Since the birth of motoring, Renault Sport and the Automobile Club de Monaco have shared a common passion for competition and performance. We are proud that the fruit of all of our passion – our new Mégane R.S. – will be at the service of the ACM and involved in some of the most prestigious events in the world of motoring.” – Patrice Ratti, Managing Director of Renault Sport Cars.
“The partnership between Renault and the Automobile Club de Monaco – which is historic with a capital “H” – is based on common values and a passion that has prevailed for more than 30 years. Receiving today the keys to four new Renault Mégane R.S. cars – which serve to strengthen our fleet of rally and Grand Prix safety vehicles – really attests to the strong foundations of our alliance.” – Michel Boeri, President of the Automobile Club de Monaco.
The new Mégane R.S. – pure performance, perfect for sporty drivers
The third-generation Mégane R.S. brings together all of the know-how and passion of Renault Sport, with the ambition of following in the footsteps of its predecessors and becoming a benchmark in the sports vehicle market. It includes numerous developments and technologies derived from the expertise of Renault Sport Racing during competitive motorsport.
- performance-focused design;
- first in the world in this segment to be equipped with the 4CONTROL system, bringing stability and agility to the Sport and Cup chassis;
- latest-generation 1.8-litre turbo engine, delivering 280 hp and 390 Nm, which was developed in collaboration by the engineers of Renault Sport Cars and Renault Sport Racing;
- four versions adapted to all uses, with dual offerings for both gearbox (manual or EDC) and chassis (Sport or Cup);
- cutting-edge technologies, including R.S. Vision, MULTI-SENSE and the new version of R.S. Monitor.
- Launch Control to optimise pulling away and Multi Change Down for changing down gears faster in manual mode during periods of intense breaking.