News 2018 (132)
Official press releases
A new, aggressively-styled limited-edition Clio, inspired by the world of Renault Sport Formula One Team
A dark, striking look embellished by Sirius Yellow detailing, plus an unmistakable sporty feel inside
In addition to targeting motorsport aficionados, the Clio R.S. 18 has the makings of a future classic
Alliance Ventures to prioritize next-generation mobility with $200 million year-one funding
New entity to act as main interface for start-ups, investors and the venture capital ecosystem
Fund prioritizes open innovation in new mobility, including electrification, autonomous systems, connectivity and artificial intelligence
First deal to be a strategic investment in Ionic Materials, a US company developing cobalt-free solid-state battery materials
Luke Reade (Dartford) will contest 2018’s Renault UK Clio Cup with fellow Kent-based team WDE Motorsport.
- Adam Wood appointed Marketing Director, Groupe Renault UK and Ireland
- Promoted from Head of Marketing Communications role
- Appointment comes ten years after joining Renault UK on the Graduate Management scheme
- James Boyer moves to new role in Paris Global Head Office
- Several other Marketing roles realigned in new department structure
New Mégane R.S. 280hp manual gearbox with Sport chassis will be available from €37,600 and New Mégane R.S. 280hp EDC gearbox with Sport chassis from €39,400.
New Mégane R.S. is packed with high-performance technologies: 4CONTROL system, four hydraulic compression stops, a new 1.8-litre turbo engine with more torque and increased power output, and the R.S. Monitor Expert system.
The sports car combines sporty feel and everyday versatility.
It comes with two chassis – Sport or Cup – and two gearboxes – manual or dual-clutch automatic.
Orders for New Mégane R.S. 280hp EDC gearbox open in February 2018. Orders for New Mégane R.S. 280hp manual gearbox will open in spring 2018.
Sam Osborne (Worksop) will contest a second full Renault UK Clio Cup season in 2018 with the team he switched to for 2017’s final rounds – WDE Motorsport.
Brett Lidsey (Northfleet) has announced he will contest 2018’s Renault UK Clio Cup with the MRM Racing team.
Group passenger cars + light commercial vehicles (PC+LCV) sales rose 3.4% in 2017 to 673,869 units, the highest figure for six years.
Building on a fully renewed range, Renault is reporting its highest PC+LCV sales for six years, with 554,505 units (+ 2.7%)
Dacia posted a new historic record for PC+LCV sales with 119,357 units (+ 6.5%).
Renault and Dacia rank first and third respectively on the PC market for consumer sales. Groupe Renault is reporting its second best performance for the XXIth century so far, in this market.
- ZOE available from £199 per month on three-year 4.9% APR Selections Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) scheme
- £5,245 deposit contribution on ZOE Dynamique Nav R90 Z.E.40
- Selections PCP scheme available on buy-lease or full-purchase battery options
- All-electric ZOE supermini has longest official range of any mainstream EV – 250 miles (NEDC)
- Customers receive up to £2,000 off when they part exchange their old vehicle for one of Renault’s stylish crossovers as part of the Renault Upgrade 2018 event
- Customers can choose from the refreshed small New Captur, the stylish mid-size Kadjar and the luxurious large All-New Koleos
- Renault Upgrade event offer can be used in conjunction with any other Renault retail offer
- New top-of-the-range Initiale Paris version added to the All-New Koleos line-up
- New highly luxurious trim available with dCi 175 engine and 4WD Auto X-Tronic transmission
- Standard equipment includes luxurious two-tone Nappa leather, Hands Free Parking, exclusive 19-inch two-tone alloy wheels, 13-speaker BOSE sound system, full LED headlights, heated and ventilated front seats, heated and cooling cupholders, Powered Automatic Tailgate, One-Touch easy folding rear seats, opening panoramic sunroof, and 8.7-inch portrait screen with R-LINK2 infotainment